Industrial tools and machines and not DIY. Industrial tools and machines are built to be used every day.
We base our tool management policy on the needs of all our members, in combination with their cost of operation and capital cost.
This tool strategy in combination with the workspace allows our members to manufacture truly spectacular products.
- How to convert a drawing into machine code.
- Load and operated the CNC router.
- Safety around the CNC router.
- Adjustment and measurement.
- Blade types.
Stock removal knife making workshopStock removal knife making is sort of like blacksmithing except you pay mills to do all the heating and hammering for you and you get a nice flat piece of bar stock and then proceed to remove material until it is the desired knife shape. Blacksmithing and stock removal share a lot of the same methods, materials, and tools. In our Stock Removal Knife Making Workshop and starting with a sheet of 5160 steel plate, users will use the CNC plasma cutter to cut a predesigned blade template. The bevel and cutting edge will be ground and the blade will be hardened using a gas forge and quenching oil. In this class the user will learn how:
- Setup and operate the Made In Workshop CNC Plasma Cutter
- Use grinders/ belt sanders and metal files to shape and finish the knife.
- Harden the blade in the Black dragon Fire fly forge.
- Attached handles