Are you a maker looking to share your skills? Earn a second income. Start a side hustle. Host your class at Made In Workshop
Let us know by completing the form below and lets make things happen!
Hosted by: Made In Workshop
Our welding 101 is designed to introduce the concept of welding to the user.
In this class the user will learn how:
- Setup and operate the Made In Workshop MIG Welder.
- Learn the theory behind welding.
- Learn and PRACTICE welding technique.
- Understanding metal preparation.
- Learn the spot welder.
- Get an introduction to the Iron Worker, horizontal band saw and cut off saw.
This course is a evening course. It does include 1-day free access to Made in Workshop so that the user may practice the skills acquired during this class.
After all, Welding is Practice Practice Practice. We include a compulsory pair of elbow-length welding gloves. Masks used during the class are santised and may not shared and are returned to MIW to be sanitised.
**Please note that this class is not a tradesman qualification.
Knife Making Stock removal method
Hosted by: Jonti Richardson
Stock removal is the process of removing material from a workpiece. Starting with a sheet of 1040 steel plate, users will use the CNC plasma cutter to cut a predesigned blade template. The bevel and cutting edge will be ground and the blade will be hardened using a gas forge and quenching oil.
- Setup and operate the Made In Workshop CNC plasma.
- Learn the operation of the CNC plasma
- Grind the edge, bevel and cutting edge
- Harden the blade in a gas forge and oil quenching process.
Silk Screening 101
Charlie Swan of Kulcha Kollektive
Our Silkscreening 101 class is designed to introduce the concept of screen printing to the user.
In this class the user will learn:
- A brief history of this wonderfully simple process
- Basic setup and preparation for printing
- One colour printing using the silkscreening method
- How to print their own shirts or fabric swatches
This course is an approximately 3 to 4 hour Saturday course and includes1-day free access to Made in
Workshop so that the user may practice the skills acquired during this class as well as getting to keep the
shirt you print. The class is limited to 4 people at a time with all the necessary anti-Covid precautions in
**Please note that this class is not a tradesman qualification.n.
Welding 102 TIG Welding
Hosted by: Made In Workshop
Tungsten Inert gas welding is an arc welding process that uses tungsten electrode in welding process. Compared to MIG welding (taught in our welding 101 class) it is comparatively more difficult and takes a longer time to master. That being said TIG welding can be used on, mild steel, Stainless steel and even aluminum. Our welding 102 workshop is designed to introduce the concept of welding to the user.
- Setup and operate the Made In Workshop TIG welder.
- Understand TIG welding process and methodology